JasperReports - formatting currency and date fields

I am using JasperReports and IReport to create reports for my application.

How do I format a field to display currency values properly.

e.g. I have a money/BigDecimal field, I want the value to display as
"£240.04" instead of "240.0000"

I also have a timestamp/java.util.Date field, I want it to display as
"12/03/07" instead of "12/03/2007 00:00"

Any ideas?

  • Re: Custom date format not working in ACC2003
    ... It forces the year to display as 4 digits in dates, ... setting the Format of the control won't rescue it. ... the date fields in reports always format ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Tapble top fusion generator
    ... >increased my monitor format to 1280x1024 and display it on a Mitsubishi ... >using a screen format less than 1280x1024 and the low -resolution LCD ... >Since the poster writing about the character overlap, ... is, when you make one web site viewable, you can render others ...
    (sci.physics.fusion)
  • 2 Ques regarding dates (matching and subtracting)
    ... The end-user enters a date in cell a2, validated to format DD/MM/YYYY. ... In K30, I want to display the number of days until the end of the month, ... "Jacob" wrote: ... > I want to use a subtraction or matching formula. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Dividing hours
    ... you can display these in a format that mimics time by making use of the ... The divisional manager will enter in the annual planned hrs on the ... worksheets Each workbook also has a calculation worksheet. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Create Dynamic Controls and Displaying Page by Page on the for
    ... My computer is client and other is server. ... I want to display all recevied values for parameters ... > I'm saying this because dynamically creating a few thousand controls might ... >> row data format will be same. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)