Re: Apache + Tomcat Problem

On Jun 21, 2:41 pm, Bryan <BTRichard...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with my connection between Apache and Tomcat
using mod_jk. I have it working right now with my VirtualHost in
Apache... any time I get a request for /java-stuff at xy.some-
domain.com I use JkMount to forward the request to Tomcat using
ajp13_worker, which is defined in the workers.properties class with
the host as localhost. I also have a VirtualHost set up in Tomcat's
server.xml file, which works just fine when I go to xy.some-domain.com:
8080. However, if I change my host in the workers.properties file to
use xy.some-domain.com rather than localhost, it doesn't work. I know
the /java-stuff path is correct, because it works when I go to port
8080.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I remember having problems with this too, I ended up not using mod_jk,
and using a virtual host instead... It looks something like this.

<virtualhost *:80>
ServerName www.dimensionalsoundproducts.com
DocumentRoot C:/public_html
ProxyRequests off
ProxyPass / http://192.168.2.101:8080/dimensional/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.2.101:8080/dimensional/
</virtualhost>

Server Name: Is the connection to Apache you want to pass off to
Tomcat.
Document Root: Is your HTML root folder for Apache.
PoxyRequests: Make sure this is off.
ProxyPass: is where you want to pass the connection too in this case I
have
Tomcat set up on another computer on my network, you could also do
this
'/ localhost:8080/root/'
ProxyPassReverse: Should be the exact same as ProxyPass.

Ben.

  • Apache + Tomcat Problem
    ... I'm having a problem with my connection between Apache and Tomcat ... I also have a VirtualHost set up in Tomcat's ... use xy.some-domain.com rather than localhost, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Remote portforwarding and virtualhost
    ... portforward one of the webserver port to this machine. ... The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. ... connection to the public IP machine, I am not able to get the ... distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Concurrent connections from single IP to same VirtualHost?
    ... like to refresh the log output in a separate window. ... VirtualHost my log output doesn't refresh until the import has ... Set your browser to use more than one connection. ... Application Development with Apache - the Apache Modules Book ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)
  • RE: Remote portforwarding and virtualhost
    ... portforward one of the webserver port to this machine. ... The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. ... connection to the public IP machine, I am not able to get the ... distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ...
    (SSH)
  • RE: Tomcat connections...
    ... Subject: Tomcat connections... ... Gurus - I am working on a situation where Apache spits "Proxy Errors" ... maxThreads=150 but when we look at the total # of connection on tomcat ...
    (RedHat)