Calling Java from other programs
- From: fsumathguy <aculham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:16:52 -0800 (PST)
Hello. I am sure this has been asked numerous times before, but I am
unable to find a conclusive answer. Please forgive me if this info is
I am developing a model to be used by others within my company.
Because the end users are sort of a mixed bag with respect to
technical backgrounds, we generally present everything in MS Excel.
While Excel comes with VBA, I find this language cumbersome and
annoying to develop anything larger than a few lines. My program of
choice is Java. My question is, how can I do my development in Java,
then compile the results into an executable that I could subsequently
call from VBA? My boss (who is somewhat old school with repect to
programming) does a similar thing using Fortran 90. He is able to
generate a DLL file which allows him to pass all of the needed
parameters to his Fortran routine from VBA. Can I do something
similar with Java?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- Prev by Date: Re: how to overcome "java.lang.OutOfMemory" Error
- Next by Date: resize external frame in "SingleFrameApplication"?
- Previous by thread: Tasks and Servlets in Lightweight MVC Application
- Next by thread: Re: Calling Java from other programs