Calling Java from other programs

Hello. I am sure this has been asked numerous times before, but I am
unable to find a conclusive answer. Please forgive me if this info is
available elsewhere.

I am developing a model to be used by others within my company.
Because the end users are sort of a mixed bag with respect to
technical backgrounds, we generally present everything in MS Excel.
While Excel comes with VBA, I find this language cumbersome and
annoying to develop anything larger than a few lines. My program of
choice is Java. My question is, how can I do my development in Java,
then compile the results into an executable that I could subsequently
call from VBA? My boss (who is somewhat old school with repect to
programming) does a similar thing using Fortran 90. He is able to
generate a DLL file which allows him to pass all of the needed
parameters to his Fortran routine from VBA. Can I do something
similar with Java?

Thanks in advance for any help.

  • Re: VBA in Excel
    ... Do you just want to do this in Excel or do Access and Java come into this ... outline can easily be done with no VBA and just using Data / Filter / Autofilter ... > script which can post query and retrieve data from an excel sheet, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.newusers)
  • Re: Calling Java from other programs
    ... we generally present everything in MS Excel. ... My question is, how can I do my development in Java, ... call from VBA? ... parameters to his Fortran routine from VBA. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Calling Java from other programs
    ... we generally present everything in MS Excel. ... My question is, how can I do my development in Java, ... call from VBA? ... parameters to his Fortran routine from VBA. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: VBA back compatibility
    ... There shouldn't be any difference between Office XP Pro and Office XP as far ... Excel should be the same in all versions of Office XP. ... > I am writting a rather large program in Excel using VBA. ... For each object in Java ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Calling Java from other programs
    ... My question is, how can I do my development in Java, ... call from VBA? ... parameters to his Fortran routine from VBA. ... Can you use wire protocols such as XML-RPC or SOAP? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)