Re: Who uses Java?

Jon Harrop wrote:
I have heard many times before that Java is the world's most common
programming language. I checked this out and it certainly seems to be true:
there are a huge number of Java programmers out there. However, I have no
idea what exactly they build with Java. The only software I have ever used
that is written in Java is (to the best of my knowledge) OpenOffice, Tribal
Trouble and Eclipse. And I only used Eclipse to develop Java code...

I have one friend who is a bioinformatician and uses Java exclusively. I met
another friend recently and he corroborated my view, saying that he didn't
know anyone who used Java and had never come across an employer who wanted
a Java programmer (he is currently looking at jobs in quantitative finance
but his recent background is in web analytics).

So where is Java used in industry?

www.dice.com

search on Java and start reading !

Arne

  • Re: Beginner. JOptionPane Cancel question.
    ... How does one check if the user pressed the Cancel button? ... If you look at the Javadocs for JOptionPane.showInputDialog, this should be documented but isn't. ... there was no IsNumericJava function/method so I wrote my own and was introduced to try/catch. ... I suppose Java programmers write a lot of error trapping code. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: VB.NET vs C#.NET (and 1.1 vs 3.0)
    ... Java programmers to go the .NET way. ... As for the version of .NET to get into almost any version translates ... version is it sometimes takes more code to accomplish the tasks that ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Who uses Java?
    ... there are a huge number of Java programmers out there. ... I have one friend who is a bioinformatician and uses Java exclusively. ... potentially have 100 different architectures and the car manufacturer ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Apache Maven to be removed from Karmic?
    ... much required for Java development. ... Your pet project is NOT "pretty much required for X" in any global ... essential to Java programmers as Make is to C programmers. ... Ubuntu as a gaming platform), and a LiveCD boot to run a single ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OOP and memory management
    ... > Among the primary advanges of the java GC is that your team of engineers ... obscure bug for which I don't have the details handy. ... The Java programmers had little or no experience ...
    (comp.programming)