Re: Who uses Java?

Arne Vajhøj wrote:
www.dice.com

search on Java and start reading !

Thanks for the link.

Just ploughing through a few of these they all seem to be in the US. Is that
representative of Java or just of this website? Does Java have a higher
market share of languages in the US than it does in Europe?

There are lots of foreign keywords: JSF, EJB, Struts, JSP, RDBMS, ESRI
GIS/ArcIMS, ArcSDE, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, iSeries...

I get the impression that many are database and XML related and few are GUI
related. That surprises me: I thought cross-platform GUIs were a major
selling point of Java.

Has anyone collated overall demographics on who programs in Java, where and
what sorts of programs they write?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u
.