Re: Who uses Java?

Arne Vajhøj wrote:
www.dice.com

search on Java and start reading !

Thanks for the link.

Just ploughing through a few of these they all seem to be in the US. Is that
representative of Java or just of this website? Does Java have a higher
market share of languages in the US than it does in Europe?

There are lots of foreign keywords: JSF, EJB, Struts, JSP, RDBMS, ESRI
GIS/ArcIMS, ArcSDE, JDBC, Spring, Hibernate, iSeries...

I get the impression that many are database and XML related and few are GUI
related. That surprises me: I thought cross-platform GUIs were a major
selling point of Java.

Has anyone collated overall demographics on who programs in Java, where and
what sorts of programs they write?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/?u

  • Re: Who uses Java?
    ... I thought cross-platform GUIs were a major ... the primary advantage of Java is cross-platform *server* software (i.e. ... You then make rich clients for your server application, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Who uses Java?
    ... I thought cross-platform GUIs were a ... the primary advantage of Java is cross-platform *server* software (i.e. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Who uses Java?
    ... I thought cross-platform GUIs were a ... the primary advantage of Java is cross-platform *server* software (i.e. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Who uses Java?
    ... I thought cross-platform GUIs were a major ... selling point of Java. ... Try calling ESRI GIS not GUI related. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Is it always possible to write a COBOL program using only 1 sentence per paragraph?
    ... >> A few months ago I had an introductory class on Java programming. ... reading from console can be done via a call to ... just one character at a time). ... Stream reader, or an HTTP Input Stream reader, or an Audio Input Stream ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)