Re: Charset.availableCharsets()

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:46:24 -0700 (PDT), column
<column.column@xxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
who said :

But why it doesn't contains Charset.defaultCharset(), that is
windows-1257-110-84? I think default charset name should be from the
Charset.availableCharsets() array.

Here's my guess.
It is not available on any machine but yours. It is not one of Sun's
charsets. It is supported only by your OS, and is the current default
you have configured.

Note that windows-1257 Balic rim IS supported.
--

Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary

  • Re: Charset auto detector
    ... In fact, I would like to decode a byte array, with the ... >good charset interpretor, given that I do not know which charset was ... Chinese encodings it was written in, you can use an auto-detecting ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Charset auto detector
    ... In fact, I would like to decode a byte array, with the ... good charset interpretor, given that I do not know which charset was ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Compare MySQL UTF8 with array
    ... I am pulling data from MySQL held in utf8/utf8_general_ci for charset ... header is within the array. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: platform default charset
    ... the getBytes() method was just a sample to explain what charset I was ... I want to change the default charset for encoding strings in ... storing the result into a new byte array. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: NullPointerException!!!
    ... for how to allocate and initialise an array of objects. ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)