Re: Tips: What is the magic Serializable interface does in Java?

Arne Vajhøj wrote:

Persisting object to disk via serialization is usually a bad idea
because of the risk of incompatible changes to the class. Public
or private does not matter.

XML serialization is better because worst the XML files can be
edited (manually or programmatic).

Also because it gives the programmer more control over what's
persisted. You can design the bean properties of a serializeable
class to contain precisely what you want. And if need be, you can
completely re-implement the class while keeping the same set of
properties.

  • Re: Tips: What is the magic Serializable interface does in Java?
    ... XML serialization is better because worst the XML files can be ... Also because it gives the programmer more control over what's ... You can design the bean properties of a serializeable ... These things are true of Serializable serialization as well. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Current JSON Proposal in ES4
    ... that distinction comes from the programmer not the language. ... Like the Power Constructor, the Module pattern. ... that also supports a specialized serialization. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Processor serializer available
    ... Unfortunately only the more expensive production programmers support ... serialization for the AT90PWM316 that I'm using. ... going to drop that kind of dough on a gang programmer. ... freeware AVR programmer software. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)