Unit testing. Was: Enhancement request

On Sep 5, 4:34 am, Tom Anderson <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://junit.sourceforge.net/

The way to organize unit testing is subject to debate. This section
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_testing#Documentation
however, caught my attention. Now, suppose a developer came across
unfamiliar class/method with sophisticated functionality and want to
run the test in order to see how it works. Would it be easier to start
looking for unit tests that cover it, or just fire up the main method
that is sitting right there in the class itself?

  • Re: Unit Testing ASP.NET
    ... the idea of leveraging automated tests to perform some of the routine ... Perhaps "Unit Tests" or whatever people want ... In fact we called it unit testing, but it involved the developer or another ... Introducing unit testing into a mature project is a bad ide IMO. ...
  • Re: C# is getting Edit and Continue in Visual Studio 2005
    ... events that gets you to the point where a bug manifests itself. ... a routine that the code was in. ... Unit tests work really well when all the logic is internal, ... I agree with the concepts of unit testing and TDD in general even (though it ...
  • Re: Unit Testing Non-Believer
    ... I have a harder time writing unit tests for existing ... I've gone out of my way to keep my UI and business ... This is one of the reasons I'm turning in to a big unit testing fan. ... it isn't practical without some major refactoring, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Who does the unit testing: QA or the individual developer?
    ... contributing editor to a magazine with "software test" in the title. ... As has been discussed here before, the role of quality assurance is to ... the developer or an independent tester?" ... unit testing has been the responsibility of the ...
    (comp.software.testing)
  • Test Driven Development and C#
    ... How can you effectively start incorporating Unit Testing in your ... it's Unit Tests complete. ... programmer comes along and needs to edit what I wrote and breaks my ... How does one go about Unit Testing data structures like XML that are ...