Re: How to plot in Java ?

Lew wrote:
I was curious in general terms how JFreeChart handles that kind of problem.

Arne Vajhøj wrote:
This is what JFreeChart do.

The API is very high level, so I really don't know "how" it does it.

Below are the code of a a simple applet.
====================================
example elided

Excellent! Thank you.

--
Lew

  • Re: what is encapsulation in an interface ?
    ... I work with the API docs open anyway when I write Java code. ... In this profession one must *think*. ... The dogmatic insistence that the loop is correct or more clear because it's "obvious" in some restricted use case is not appropriate. ... Lew wrote" ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Mac OS X Issue
    ... >> When the applet is loaded an exception is thrown with the error message ... >> Is there no such definition on jdk for Mac? ... API JavaDocs posted. ... is just which Java is in use on the machine where this error occurred. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: what is encapsulation in an interface ?
    ... And Lew, Arne, and Peter ... further that reasonable men absolutely may NOT disagree ... to do something" and "should use API calls". ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: analytical Skill for Java Development
    ... 5 years ago you probably would have written an Applet which now you write as a Java-Webstart-Application. ... And applet is small API. ... If you drop a ball a foot or two and then from one floor up, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if it broke on the proportionately much higher drop. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: applet & swing
    ... JTextField as soon as an applet loads? ... place the cursor in the name JTextField when the applet first loads. ... API but aren't _in_ the API, if you know what I mean) but it was a pretty ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)