Re: Beep

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 00:14:07 +0000, Dirk Bruere at NeoPax
<dirk.bruere@xxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who
said :

However, that gives me (in Windows) the "you have just screwed up" thunk
sound. I'm looking for a beep or click to got with a (touchscreen)
keypress. Is there any other one-liner or simple code to play (say) a
brief .wav etc?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sound.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Learning is not compulsory... neither is survival."
~ Dr. W. (William) Edwards Deming (born: 1900-10-14 died: 1993-12-20 at age: 93))

  • Re: OT - PC makes odd beeping sound
    ... to do with the soundcard. ... because on every version of OE I've ever used, the beep is the default ... and you have to switch it off. ... My understanding is that OE is playing a sound via the ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: continuous system speaker from booting on
    ... The problem sounds like it could be hardware - and in a laptop, ... I don't know if he is sure the tone is coming from the ... sound system speakers or the beeper on the mainboard - but I also am not ... on the mainboard and could provide the beep code warnings (from post ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: continuous system speaker from booting on
    ... The problem sounds like it could be hardware - and in a laptop, ... I don't know if he is sure the tone is coming from the ... sound system speakers or the beeper on the mainboard - but I also am not ... on the mainboard and could provide the beep code warnings (from post ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: A Riddle for Relativists.
    ... For every 7E14 cycles of that light, the source emits a short beep of sound. ... A detector at rest with the source and some distance away counts the beeps and ... This implies that the detector is now receiving twice the number of light ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Different Beeps on Form
    ... Ya know I never noticed that the Sound from the Beep or DoCmd.Beep was not ... Gotta' love the customer who ... Panel sound applet to play the same sound for ALL events. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)