how to find process id for terminating the app

Hi,

I am executing an exe using
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd); on windows platform

cmd contains the command line to run the external exe.

How can i find the process id of this external program?
i want this process id to kill the instance after my program is
finished.

Thanks,
Krisp

  • Re: how to find process id for terminating the app
    ... cmd contains the command line to run the external exe. ... How can i find the process id of this external program? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: how to find process id for terminating the app
    ... Runtime.getRuntime.exec; on windows platform ... cmd contains the command line to run the external exe. ... How can i find the process id of this external program? ... ya i tried that destroy method but it doesnt work. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: How to run an external application on a different computer from
    ... me to call an external program to compute my objective ... Right now for a single computer I use a dos command to ... I downloaded psexec and I used the following command to test ... use the above command it says cmd line exited with error ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: How to run an external application on a different computer from
    ... me to call an external program to compute my objective ... Right now for a single computer I use a dos command to ... I downloaded psexec and I used the following commandtotest ... use the above command it says cmd line exited with error ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Shell Function
    ... shell command will not break when i call the external exe and it will ... continue to execute next command line. ... which are call by shell function. ... Private Sub Command1_Click ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.com)