Re: Java serialization over network

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:27:20 -0700, Roedy Green
<see_website@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

You normally would use RMI for that.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/rmi.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/serialization.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Danish studies of 10,000 birds killed revealed that almost all died in
collisions with buildings, cars and wires; only 10 were killed by windmills.
Alternative energy sources are absolutely necessary.
Global warming will kill birds and bats, as well as other species,
in much greater numbers than wind power."
~ Dr. David Suzuki

  • Re: new JDK 1.7.0_04 and 1.6.0_32
    ... I have written some hand-holding notes at ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Clearing the cmd window
    ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ... "The most significant trend in the US industry has been the decline in the amount ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Issue With ArrayList
    ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ... Rapidly agin'. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [Popupmenu]What is the use of Label and Name
    ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ... "Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals." ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: throwing away output
    ... I often make those errors and the spell check ... Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products ... "Danish studies of 10,000 birds killed revealed that almost all died in ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)