Re: how reapint JLabel

Rafal (sxat) wrote:
There should be no reason to repaint the JLabel after you call setText() on it.

always label is is blurred by text...

I don't know what that means.

all code is executable as JApplet by java.awt.EventQueue.invokelater

That's fine.

In any case I repeat my statement, you should not need to call repaint() after calling setText() on a JLabel.

--

Knute Johnson
email s/nospam/knute2009/

  • Re: test - ignore
    ... I once dated a woman who beat me at computer games. ... >repeat that mistake! ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: Graphics help please
    ... calls of repaint() will be coalesced by Swing when they arrive ... Although if performance is critical there are other methods such as active rendering that will significantly improve drawing performance especially on Winblows. ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Best way to force a JComponent to repaint itself
    ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: updating an ImageIcons backing BufferedImage content from multiple threads
    ... Could that same mechanism work in calls to repaint()? ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Best way to force a JComponent to repaint itself
    ... repaint() belongs to Component. ... Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)