Re: How to interpret the "encoded" form of method signatures?

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:09:55 -0700 (PDT), "david.karr"
<davidmichaelkarr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

I've never known all the rules for interpreting "encoded" signatures
like "package.class.func()Ljava/util/Set". I usually make a
reasonable guess for what I think it specifies. I'd really like to
know the exact rules, as strings like this often come up in exception
stack traces. Where is this documented? Would the JLS cover this in
a readable form?

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signature.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

If everyone lived the way people do in Vancouver, we would need three more entire planets to support us.
~ Guy Dauncey