Re: Hidden features of java

Tom Anderson wrote:
Since Sun (which is not all-caps, despite being an acronym) is behind the standard as well as the main implementation, i don't think those are good names. You could call them 'Java' and 'the Sun JDK', if you like.

And the first-person singular pronoun "I" in English is all caps. Man who lives in glass house shouldn't throw stones.

--
Lew

  • Re: Any Clojure users here?
    ... ABCL and I've been contributing to it for a while (though since some ... from the CL standard or from the Java API, ... it would still be widely usable wherever a JVM ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: These are identical, right? char const* and const char*
    ... > embedded systems and many of the systems it runs on don't have things like ... Java was originally an embedded systems programming language, ... > aware that the omission of many things from the standard is inconvenient ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Differences between C++ and Java
    ... > are *implementation* defined and the standard also specifies the ... > "In Java, garbage collection of unreferenced objects is automatic. ... > C++, you manually manage memory. ... > provide third party libraries that work just as well, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: These are identical, right? char const* and const char*
    ... > and end to be a language that can run on a vast array of platforms. ... But there are many features in the standard library which /are/ directed ... > that you don't want to learn gains you the full power of the platform. ... work directly with the system API in Java as well. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Comparing Lisp conditions to Java Exceptions
    ... to be explicit on this and there was no money to do that project. ... there were things in the ANSI CL standard that defied ... I guess in all your advocacy of and/or comparison to Java I just missed ... >> Lisp vendors react to money, not rhetoric in the design of their product. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)