Re: StringBuffer/StringBuilder efficiency

Roedy Green wrote:
Hmm. I never before noticed that append could take an Object.

It's been mentioned thrice at least in this thread, most recently in a response to the very message to which you responded. It's also extremely clear in the 'StringBuilder' Javadocs that that overload exists.

People should really be in the habit of reviewing the Javadocs for API classes that they are contemplating using or extending.

--
Lew

  • Re: Is zero even or odd?
    ... I've snipped a good bit of your response. ... It is not necessarily the case that defining division by 0, ... as "the power rule", is normally stated as ... is, I think, a nice example of an "advantage of extending a ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: formula too long, not sure how to shorten
    ... not possible to keep extending your formula. ... different approach (and your last response on that was very good and ... > posts in the future and now that I've posted here, ... >> IFs, you cannot extend it as it stands. ...
  • no longer Dobless instant hell
    ... Why did Agha experience in response to all the withdrawals? ... Abduljalil and Taysseer published the driving ... Plenty of naked living ... Tell Debbie it's early extending regarding a disposal. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Half Hour News Hour, 2nd episode
    ... it was an appropriate response. ... final arbiter on whatever I say, even though he has to make ... extending towards you, on any of the groups you post ... And only extends our group pity and sympathy to mP, and our hopes that he can learn the fine art of when to Pull The Trap Door. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: Help Extending /var volume group
    ... Thanks Guys for the response... ... Just a couple of more followup ... If this is not the correct procedure, ... Alternatives to extending /var ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hpux)