Re: light weight types

On Oct 5, 11:05 am, Tom Anderson <t...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Lew wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
Well:

foo = lambda a, b: a + b
is already legal!

Not in Java it isn't.

True. But since that part of the post was a digression about python,
irrelevant.

That was completely unclear from the context, which was Joshua
Cranmer's suggestion about a possible Java syntax.

I saw nothing in either Joshua's post or yours that made it clear to
me that it was about Python, even now after reviewing the relevant
posts and seeing the word "Java" in that part of the discussion. But
I'll take your word for it, it was a digression about Python.

--
Lew

  • Re: Are there any interactive command line interpreters for java?
    ... Like you can do in python and matlab and visual basic? ... Has anyone build such a CLI tool yet? ... seen Jython providing this kind of access to Java classes, ... that but it would be nicer to be able to type commands in Java syntax ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Is there a good JDO analog in the Python world?
    ... On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 07:27 AM, Joshua wrote: ... Im looking to move some Java projects to Python and am curious ... be down due to a disk space issue. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: ANN: TwinLisp - a new way of programming in Common Lisp
    ... You won't get a lot of python folks jumping in by mixing python and java syntax. ... Note that I'd be interested in the ability to parse python-like code and make it run on top of a CL implementation (I work in a python-heavy place where, alas, Lisp is quite sneered at). ... Psalm 118:22, by Bob Marley ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: ANN: TwinLisp - a new way of programming in Common Lisp
    ... Mikalai a écrit: ... You won't get a lot of python folks jumping in by mixing python and java syntax. ... Note that I'd be interested in the ability to parse python-like code and make it run on top of a CL implementation (I work in a python-heavy place where, alas, Lisp is quite sneered at). ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)