Re: setSize ArrayList, when will it come?

Robert Klemme schrieb:

2. Writing a static helper method which uses ArrayList.ensureCapacity()
and a loop which invokes add() or removeRange() depending on whether the
new capacity is larger or smaller.

removeRange is protected, so I cannot use it in a helper.

  • Re: setSize ArrayList, when will it come?
    ... and a loop which invokes addor removeRangedepending on whether the ... new capacity is larger or smaller. ... removeRange is protected, so I cannot use it in a helper. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Generics
    ... Lew wrote: ... I had a look at the Javadoc for ArrayList and skimmed over ... those that deal with capacity are specific ... Vector was the only threadsafe collection that had removeRange ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Weird output from df after file system full (Solaris 10)
    ... When I seached sunsolve for 6362734, ... found 6391678 df miscalculates used and capacity values during large ... deletes which claims that "Depending upon the amount of data being ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Generics
    ... Andreas Leitgeb wrote: ... "to deal with the capacity of a ... ... Vector was the only threadsafe collection that had removeRange and a means to get/set the capacity in case a known large number ... only the List interface: myList.subList ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Plumbing codes -- PVC drain line size
    ... Depending on ... the branch intervals the difference in capacity between 3" and 4" ... required fixture units on that branch and any connecting branches. ...
    (alt.home.repair)