Re: back to .Net? lesser of two evils?

On 11/2/2011 2:42 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 15:29:31 -0500, jebblue<n@xxxxx> wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

With Oracle on one side suing Google over Android
and on the other cooing about how many phones
run Java; I'm wondering if it might be worth it
to put my ideological views about Microsoft aside
and consider going back to .Net.

That does not make sense. The explosion in Java on cell-phones means
a greater interest in Java generally, a greater demand for Java
skills, and more places to exploit your own entrepreneurial Java
tendencies.

Java ME has imploded in the cellphone market in recent years.

And Java SE is not there.

The only thing out there is Android.

You could say that is not bad, but Java certainly has
its challenges in the cellphone market.

Arne

.