Re: O.T. FTP upload

Roedy Green <see_website@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

There are hundreds of FTP utilities. What do you use for FTP
unattended uploads?

My ISP is still waiting for a round TUIT to set up a VPN to replace
FTP.

My ftp use is rare enough that I just run it manually inside Emacs. But
if I needed to automate it, I'd look at curl, or wget, or kermit. I've
written kermit scripts in the past and they're ugly as sin, but they
usually get the job done.

-
Jim Janney

  • Re: Binding FTP Server Service to Internal Network Card
    ... used to establish the VPN tunnel should be present in the AD. ... you can use some 3rd-party FTP applications such as WS_FTP. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: OWA not seen from RWW Main Menu
    ... The RRAS wizard is indeed for VPN or modem dialup to your server. ... You don't check FTP, as you surely are not running FTP server on your box, ... But I will personally always use your shortcut to OWA. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN to ISA server, cant FTP through it
    ... FTP connection for that matter. ... Repeat the monitoring with the filter set to Client IP# as the FTP Server. ... through a VPN, will they not be encrypted anyway? ... then the Source Network would be the "created" Network that ws created when ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: accessing part files via the internet
    ... Instead of using the FTP ... Once you have the VPN connection open, ... Log in with Remote Desktop ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: Secure FTP
    ... > for VPN i was referring that client machine VPN to your ... > then secure all sort of communication, including FTP. ... >>Bernard Cheah ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)