Re: back to .Net? lesser of two evils?

On 11/2/2011 2:37 AM, Stefan Ram wrote:
Steve Sobol<sjsobol@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
If you're only writing for Windows, you can do just as well with .NET as
with Java.

»The fear of .NET developers is that Microsoft's Windows
team now regards not only Silverlight but also .NET as a
legacy technology.«

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/06/windows_tablets_without_silverlight_dot_net/

That was pure speculation at the time and has since shown
to be not the case.

Miguel de Icaza has a decent explanation of how .NET will
work with WinRT here:

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2011/Sep-15.html

Arne

  • Re: back to .Net? lesser of two evils?
    ... »The fear of .NET developers is that Microsoft's Windows ... team now regards not only Silverlight but also .NET as a ... legacy technology.« ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Ruby momentum?
    ... Is something like RoR worth learning in the ... I switched camps and wholeheartedly joined the Java ... disgusted with mainframes. ... After abandoning the mainframe legacy, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: what would be A way to go....
    ... I might also add that Andrew was looking for a C# equivalent of JNLP, which Silverlight does not appear to be. ... In what way could java be of help? ... I now have an impression of C# developers being roughly equivalent to what you accuse us of being: C#-evangelists who can't stand crap from people outside their frame of reference. ... Any language whose development community is not forced into handling a relatively large number of the less-capable programmers will have substantially different response airs. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Newbie: Whats wrong with this little program?
    ... Java it's different, but common sense suggests, there are many events except ... JTextArea myTextField = new JTextArea; ... Your private member remains uninitialized ... With best regards, Kozynenko Ganna. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Implementing Legacy Byte Packed Message Interfaces
    ... > legacy device message interface. ... > the C based JNI layer to overlay the input bag of bytes using the C ... > efficient then doing all the bit minipulation in Java via home-grown ... compiler, and particularly on the /settings/ of the compiler -- and there's ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)