Re: NOT O.T. FTP upload

Roedy Green wrote:
There are hundreds of FTP utilities. What do you use for FTP
unattended uploads?

To get on topic again:
Why not use Java? We just implemented a servlet to do sftp
in unattended mode.
With the command line client you need to type the password.
The workaround would be the use of the "expect" utility.
But since for that application we already had a servlet
running we just extended it (password in properties file)
and added an nfs mount to provide the files.

Gunter in Orlando

  • Re: Servlet error reading properties file in same dir
    ... public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException { ... // This method initializes the servlet and only gets call once. ... This probably means that either the properties file is not present after all, or that it is present but cannot be opened for reading. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: how do I get a path from a servlet?
    ... Within the doPostmethod of MyServlet, ... Read the path from a properties file located in the same directory as ... something like this within your servlet. ... doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse resp) ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Servlet error reading properties file in same dir
    ... took the hamburger, threw it on the grill, and I said "Oh wow"... ... a properties file, located in the same directory as my servlet.class file ... // no constructor in a servlet, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Servlet error reading properties file in same dir
    ... I have a servlet which uses public void service() wherein I attempt to load ... a properties file, located in the same directory as my servlet.class file ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)