Re: Immutable Datastructures with good Sharing

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Giovanni Azua wrote:

On 11/7/11 12:02 AM, in article
alpine.DEB.2.00.1111062256510.4201@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Anderson"
<twic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I really enjoy the improvement in code readability as well, it suits the
appropriate template types e.g.

// from
List<RequestData> requests = new ArrayList<RequestData>();

List<RequestData> requests = Lists.newArrayList();

I see absolutely no improvement in the code here, only unhelpful
obfuscation.

When you say it like this, any function can be labeled as "unhelpful obfuscation" :)

Touché! I would agree that any function is obfuscation; whether it is helpful or unhelpful obfuscation varies.

tom

--
There is no violence or enmity in the LEGO universe until you, the
builder, decide what to build with the pieces. -- Pyrogenic