Re: Java 8 Lambda binary snapshot

Arved Sandstrom wrote:
What actually holds us back with adoption of recent Java (JDK/JRE)
versions is not any particular reluctance on the part of most clients to
keep up with the Joneses in that respect, but because they are very
conservative with all their major software (like app servers)...which if
it's not certified for a later Java means we can't move to it.

That's just the same phenomenon - "not certified for a later Java" means that someone was unwilling to move to that later Java until it was EOLed.

Why don't the vendors certify for the later Java in anything less than five years?

It's the same question. Pushing it back one level doesn't answer it.

--
Lew

  • Re: JDK 7 status and IcedTea
    ... Fedora be certified for Fedora 16 at release or at a later update? ... We haven't got the TCK for Java 7 yet. ... We'll certify as soon as ... This meant the community and/or Red Hat did not get the JSR-336 TCK ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: New Core JAVA Batch in Greater Noida (India)
    ... live industrial project and we will certify your excellence. ... OOAD concepts with UML ... Java is at version 7. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: java 6 used in large companies?
    ... at the same we are upgrading to was6, ... that support Java X+1, then you certify your app for Java X+1 ... JBoss 4.2 is intended for Java 5 as well, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: alternative to lua
    ... As a browse through different script languages I realise more what I ... I need to be able to send script to my clients that call methods ... the c++ client and the Java client). ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Deploying SSL-based VPNs
    ... SafeNets iGate) that they rely on one specific java version. ... All those restrictions create huge problems if the clients are not ... education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. ... Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations. ...
    (Security-Basics)