Re: Java classpath question and how to run a program from command line?

On 11/28/2011 10:50 PM, www wrote:
Hi:

Sorry. I am confused about how to run a Java class from command line(I
can run it from Eclipse). I use Cygwin on Windows 7.
This Java source file is /cygdrive/d/project/src/A/B/C/
MainWindow.java
The class file(MainWindow.class) is located at /cygdrive/d/project/bin/
A/BC/MainWindow.class (compiled by Eclipse)
MainWindow.java package is:

package A.B.C;

The following JAR files are also needed to run the program: /cygdrive/
d/project/libs/*.jar

In Cygwin command window, "echo $CLASSPATH" does not show anything, so
CLASSPATH has not been set.

Now in Cygwin command window, I am at /cygdrive/d/project/bin, I typed
the command below, but it didn't work:

java -classpath /cygdrive/d/project/libs;. A.B.C.MainWindow

Can you help me on how to run it from the command line?

Can you show the error?

I also tried to set up CLASSPATH in .bashrc file beforehand:
export CLASSPATH=/cygdrive/d/project/libs/;/cygdrive/d/project/bin
I am confused: should I separate them by ";" or ":" ?
I tried both ways, none of them is working: ". .bashrc" command
complains or no complains, but MainWindow still cannot be run.

If you are starting a Windows JVM chances are that you need to pass Windows paths since /cygdrive cannot be resolved in Windows land. See utility "cygpath".

Cheers

robert

  • RE: re-setting boot partition
    ... Description of the Windows 2000 Recovery Console ... For a Microsoft Windows XP version of this article, ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • RE: Win2000 Upgrade to SP3 Express Setup error.
    ... Start your computer with the Windows Setup floppy disks, ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ... you cannot copy a file from the local hard disk to a floppy disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade)
  • Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 109, Issue 9
    ... You got a blinking command prompt. ... Prior to Mac and Windows, ... gnome3, yet another negative feedback ... DE developers, you have my support. ...
    (GNOME)
  • >>>> NET SEND <<<<
    ... Windows Xp Net Send ... Net Send Command For Mac ... Net Send Syntax Dos ... Dos Net Send Commands ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • RE: Locating corrupt driver
    ... This article describes the functionality and limitations of the Windows ... Create and format partitions on drives. ... MB of hard disk space on your system partition to hold the Cmdcons folder ... Windows NTBoot Console Command Interpreter. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.applications)