Applet and parent browser

Folks

Is it possible to get the reference to browser window which contains
the applet?

I tried Window win = (Window)this.getParent() but I do not know what
it really returns.

I tried to verify what the above might be by looking at win.getName().
I am getting "frame0" while the browser window name is
"<document.title> - Windows Internet Explorer".

  • IE 6Slow to finish load
    ... Make sure that you've downloaded the latest reference ... file for your AdAware installation. ... The browser window in Outlook runs very ... >to clean my registry, IE will not access any pages at ...
  • Re: WIDTH attribute for peformatted text
    ... >when the browser window is resized or with lower resolution screens the ... That sounds exactly like what I need, but I'm looking at a reference ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.html)
  • Struggling to convert this layout into CSS
    ... The idea of this is very simle. ... middle of the browser window, on either side of the site I want a different ... For reference assume the left bg image is like: ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets)
  • Re: Applet focus issue
    ... The problem is that the tool tip text is only displayed when the applet has focus so when another application window is activated in front of the browser window and then the browser window re-activated (regains focus), the tool tips are not displayed until a control within the applet is clicked on. ... Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Applet focus issue
    ... The problem is that the tool tip text is only displayed when the applet has focus so when another application window is activated in front of the browser window and then the browser window re-activated (regains focus), the tool tips are not displayed until a control within the applet is clicked on. ... You can try naming the applet element within the html document and then using javascript onfocus to send the browser focus to the element. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)