Re: Applet and parent browser
- From: simplicity <stella_pigeon@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:48:06 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 18, 6:52 pm, Arne Vajhøj <a...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/18/2012 6:05 PM, simplicity wrote:
Is it possible to get the reference to browser window which contains
I tried Window win = (Window)this.getParent() but I do not know what
it really returns.
I tried to verify what the above might be by looking at win.getName().
I am getting "frame0" while the browser window name is
"<document.title> - Windows Internet Explorer".
JSObject window = JSObject.getWindow(this);
to get out in the browser and window.gtMember("title") for actually
getting the title.
Did not work. According to the documentation JSObject.getMember
However, the title is not what I need. As I mentioned in the original
email, I need my applet to obtain the reference to the parent window
(the browser). I need it to feed the specific API which will register
the application with the hardware and allow me to pass the hardware
events to the applet. This API takes the top level window as a
It is easy for a standalone application - just pass JFrame to API. I
need the equivalent of this when the application runs inside the
- Prev by Date: Re: Getting started with Java on a Mac
- Next by Date: Re: Volatile happens before question
- Previous by thread: Re: Applet and parent browser
- Next by thread: Re: Applet and parent browser