Caching with timed expiry
- From: Sebastian <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 23:48:48 +0200
does anyone of a cache / map implementation in which entries
expire after a fixed time? By which I mean that after a cnfigurable
delay after an enzry has been caches,it is automatically removed
from the cache and some clean-up action (perhaps event-triggred)
can be taken.
My scenario is this: A GUI client searches an LDAP server using
the virtual list view control. The server requires all requests
to be made over the same connection. So my middleware component
will need to check out that connection from a pool and cache it,
using the ASN1 cookie sent by the client as a key.
Trouble is, if the client never signals that it won't request
another page (e. g. because it crashes), I need to auto-release
the LDAP server connection to the connection pool to prevent leakage.
I thought that a ready-made cache with timed expiry would come in handy.
If there is no such beast, any ideas for possible approaches?
- Prev by Date: Re: SAP PLM CONSULTANT
- Next by Date: Re: Article: Why you can't dump Java (even though you want to)
- Previous by thread: SAP PLM CONSULTANT
- Next by thread: Re: Caching with timed expiry