Re: Recursive delete in ANT

From: Oscar kind (oscar_at_danwa.net)
Date: 06/11/04

    Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:58:28 +0200

    dreamzzz <dreamzzz04@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > "Tony Morris" <dibblego@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<ca8ttv$gnm$1@news.btv.ibm.com>...
    >> "dreamzzz" <dreamzzz04@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> > Is it possible to recursively delete all dirs and sub-dirs in a tree
    >> > structure?
    >> > I am trying to use the Fileset and delete all the directories along
    >> > with their contents. But it just deletes the contents of the dirs at
    >> > the lowest level and not the entire Dir structure.
    >>
    >> <delete dir="thedirectory"/>
    >
    > I tried the above technique. But it doesnt solve my problem.
    > Actually I have a dir tree and i need to delete specific dirs in that
    > dir. These dirs can have sub or sub-sub dirs. Thats why i am using
    > fileset with Includes clause. But this just removes the contents at
    > the lowest level and not the entire dir structure specified.

    You may want to look at dirset. It does the same as a fileset, but with
    directories. IIRC, it also works with the delete task.

    kind regards,
    Oscar

    --
    Oscar Kind                                    http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/
    Software Developer                    for contact information, see website

    • Re: Recursive delete in ANT
      ... But it doesnt solve my problem. ... > Actually I have a dir tree and i need to delete specific dirs in that ... These dirs can have sub or sub-sub dirs. ... > fileset with Includes clause. ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Recursive delete in ANT
      ... Is it possible to recursively delete all dirs and sub-dirs in a tree ... I am trying to use the Fileset and delete all the directories along ...
      (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
    • Recursive delete in ANT
      ... Is it possible to recursively delete all dirs and sub-dirs in a tree ... I am trying to use the Fileset and delete all the directories along ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: VS Express 2005
      ... but dirs can be fun. ... which could be done in your wince tree. ... >> what the directory structure is. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)
    • Re: VS Express 2005
      ... Thanks Paul, ... Ok, how do you think I sould do it when, within the tree there are 2 ... > DIRS and SOURCES for all folders that you need to build from. ... >>> beitman AT applieddata DOT net ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc)