Re: Need a new IDE

I am a newbie, who up until recently was using realj to write my java
code. I went to download realj again but it appears that has
been hijacked and no longer exists. Does anyone know where I can get
this software now?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a free IDE that might be
a little better than realj? I've played around with jbuilder and
netbeans and found them to be too "robust" for my limited knowledge of
the language. I am looking for something a little more basic.

Try jEdit. This is not an IDE, but very nice to edit Java code and also open sourced.

After installing jEdit, you should try jEdit Plugins.