Re: Need a new IDE

"Daniel Dyer" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:op.sowrizsg3rnoah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 02:11:22 +0100, Son KwonNam <ihate@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> I am a newbie, who up until recently was using realj to write my java
> >> code. [...]
> >> Also does anyone have any recommendations for a free IDE that might be
> >> a little better than realj? I've played around with jbuilder and
> >> netbeans and found them to be too "robust" for my limited knowledge of
> >> the language. I am looking for something a little more basic.

> BlueJ (http://www.bluej.org/) is supposed to be very good for learning
> Java - haven't tried it myself though.

I had a look at it and then recommended it to a friend of mine starting to learn Java (and programming).
+ Does it's job nicely.
+ Is not overly complicated.

you may want to try "Jeliot 3 " from the extension page.
This shows you what goes on in your program in a graphical way.
(BlueJ itself also contains a debugger)

I use it myself, whenever Eclipse seems overkill for a short try at something.

HTH

Martin

  • Re: Another book recommendation thread
    ... book recommendations for Java programming. ... As well as any Patters book. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Java Blogs and feeds
    ... Just curious if anyone had recommendations for some good blogs related ... to programming with Java and/or specifically program with java for web ... all the new frameworks and advances. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Use Jesus Christ
    ... > programming until very recently. ... >, but I've occasionally tried to understand Smalltalk ... In Java I've mostly been limited to server-side ... Object oriented design is a mental picture of objects and messages. ...
    (comp.object)
  • a lot of free ebooks for DotNet maybe solve your problem.
    ... Borland C++ Builder: The Complete Reference ... Core Java 2, Volume II: ... STL Tutorial and Reference Guide: C++ Programming with the Standard Template ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Looking for a job
    ... I was recently laid off from IBM and I'm now looking for new ... Regarding Java, my more specific skills include Swing/ ... I even enjoy programming MS Office applications using VBA. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)