Re: Eclipse/CVS/Ant

Dirk,

The problem I'm having is that at the end of the "CVS Checkout" Wizard,
you have the choice of checking out the CVS module using the "New
Project Wizard" or just checking it out as a project in your workspace.
If you do the latter, the top-level build.xml will not be used to
control the build. So forget that option.

If you use the New Project Wizard, you are given 2 more choices of
creating a "Java Project from Existing Ant buildfile" or "new Java
Project". I would like to use the first option BUT the files haven't
been checked out of CVS yet so I can't. If I go with the "new Java
Project", then Eclipse goes through ALL of the directories in the CVS
module and constructs its own build file, ignoring my build.xml.

So, my question is still, how do you use Eclipse to checkout a CVS
module and have it actually use the build.xml within it to do the
build?

- Ian

  • does anyone use ident on jar files?
    ... literal generated from the expanded $Id$ keyword from CVS. ... enable the ident command to be used on the jar files. ... (subversion does not have the $Id$ keyword). ... parts no longer build with java 5 or java 6 due to language changes ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Buildsysteme ... Erfahrungswerte?
    ... die ist sehr ausgefeilt mit unserer CVS library verknüpft, ... welche Header/libs etc. gebraucht werden ... sehr sehr viel Java Code einbringen werden ... ... nacher eh dynamisch gebunden, das schlimmste was passieren kann ist also, dass irgendwo eine Konstante geinlined wurde und dass das nacher nicht berücksichtigt wird. ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Syncing notebook with desktop, and oh by the way Im using eclipse.
    ... >java nor anything else but just files and folders) to keep the source ... Let's say you had a CVS or other version control server running either ... You could also write that with a fairly simple Java program using ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Design of a pipelined architecture/framework for handling large data sets
    ... I should be able to specify how a data set is being archived. ... example for some large data I dont want it to be revisioned in CVS ... I am using eclipse ide with mulitple java projects, ... partly a java design question and partly ignorance on my part to use ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Version history
    ... java files -- Sun must use some form of CVS when creating Java. ... worth, CVS is starting to fade out a bit: ... commits (no partial commits, which can happen in CVS), proper support for ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)