Re: quasi-backwards debugger for eclipse?

On 8 Nov 2005 23:09:42 -0800, "Steven An" <stevenan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote,

>I recently learned about backwards debugging and the techniques behind
>it (like instruction counting and state saving), and I was wondering:

Does this mean a debugger where you can run programs backward in time
to a previous state, change something manually then run them forward?

This is what I called "jaunting" in Abundance. The difference is, it
is also a feature of production programs. When an assert fails, the
program backs up and gives the user a change to change inputs to steer
around it. Data validation is thus done in the form of asserts, not
loops.

--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.