Re: How to clean (totally or not) Eclispe IDE .log file

astrawally2002@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone knows how to clean up the .log file into Eclispe IDE
(Version: 3.0.0) localized in ..\eclipse\workspace\.metadata folder.

I used to have many problems during an old project installation and I
would like know to delete all the logs from this file.

It sized more than 1 Go (oups ! ) and contains many exceptions (I think
one or two exceptions repeated thousands and thousands times).

Notepad.exe or texpad.exe cannot open this file to delete log lines
(one by one or by blocks)...the file is too large.

Is there any tool for deleting these logs using parameters (deleting
logs from one date to another)...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

pm

echo "This log contains only this line" > eclipse.log

;-)

  • Re: Login Problems
    ... >> Anyone seem a problem were you login and the system ... >> immediately logs you back off? ... I was manually deleting all the at risk files ... Ray McCusker ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Search schedules not running as created
    ... No entries in the logs. ... tried deleting and re-creating the indexes, still no luck. ...
  • Desktop.ini
    ... I've checked Mocrosoft and it suggests deleting this file ... from Startup folder. ... but every time another person logs on and a ...
  • Re: How to clean (totally or not) Eclispe IDE .log file
    ... Does anyone knows how to clean up the .log file into Eclispe IDE ... I used to have many problems during an old project installation and I ... Is there any tool for deleting these logs using parameters (deleting ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: "C:WINDOWSInternet Logs" folder
    ... you will not be able to get rid of some files as they will ... Deleting some files will cause you to have to setup ZA all over again. ... All others are archives ... I don't see how the logs would have anything to do with settings. ...