eclipse - lost project

Hi,

I have been working on a project in eclipse. I decided to back up the
directory that I was working on by duplicating the directory with a
date on the folder...

The problem was that I accidentally renamed the folder, instead of
duplicating it.

When I opened up eclipse, the project was listed as not found... DUH!
So I recopied the folder back to the original structure that it was in
for eclipse. Then reopened eclipse.

Oddly enough, the project still is not found! The directory structure
is in place! Is there some easy way to correct this?

thanks

  • Re: eclipse - lost project
    ... duplicating it. ... When I opened up eclipse, the project was listed as not found... ... So I recopied the folder back to the original structure that it was in ... I simply enabled viewing hidden files, created a new folder in the eclipse workspace folder, and recopied everything from the renamed folder to the new one I created. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: eclipse - lost project
    ... duplicating it. ... When I opened up eclipse, the project was listed as not found... ... So I recopied the folder back to the original structure that it was in ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: Visual Studio 2008 Project Management
    ... Eclipse has that I've been so taking for granted I'm going nuts them ... While I have no problems with GCC, ... I too have been frustrated by this feature of always adding new ... items to the project folder, and this "Folder view" does make things ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.general)
  • Re: Eclipse: Delete Folder winthin CVS?
    ... > My company uses Eclipse in conjunction with CVS. ... > better, more user friendly application that plugs into CVS, then I'm ... > So you're saying I'm stuck with the folder forever? ... which places a "new folder " within the CVS repository. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: piece of $#!t eclipse cant find the main class
    ... separate output folder for class files (and losing all the files in that folder w/o Eclipse giving me a chance to do anything with them; I hope i never meet any of the eclipse developers because they may not live long if I do) ... The idea is that a build folder (e.g., where you build your .class files) is a clean environment to contain your deployables and only your deployables. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)