Re: How to make a executable file, such as myprogram.exe, for java ?

From: Kristian Bisgaard Lassen (krell_at_daimi.au.dk)
Date: 10/02/03

Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:03:57 +0200

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:15:27 -0700, QQ June wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some java classes. But, I don't want my users to type "java
> my_java_program" every time they run the java class ?
> How do I pack them together into one executable file, like
> myprogram.exe. ?
> Any tools can do this for me ??
>
> Thanks & regards,
> June

Hi June,

I have already seen one reply on this suggesting you to wrap the Java
program in a script containg the something like java my_java_program. If
it is native code (so you can run it on a machine without a Java VM, javac
will not help you) you
have to buy a special compiler for that if it is for
Windows (I have not seen any free ones for Windows yet). For Linux you
could use gcc with the option for Java code, but that is only for Linux
native code.

Best Regards
  Kristian

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • Re: PcLinux
    ... first instance, we use Java. ... Can't comment on Python because I've never used it. ... Postgresql running on linux works nicely. ... Returning to comments WRT the aesthetics of OS X vs Windows - it's a ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: OT: Spiegel-Online bei Heise
    ... Aber, wie schon gesagt, so simpel ist die Hardware heute ja nicht mehr, daß es mal eben mit ein paar inb/outb-Befehlen getan ist. ... Java ist in gewissen Bereichen etabliert, ... Wer Word/Excel/Powerpoint haben will, braucht Windows. ... und ein Linux für DSP von Freescale ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: OT: Linux builds
    ... But for now is there a good linux build for a relative technotard living in a windows based world. ... install the Gnome desktop or KDE 3.5.9.5 rather than KDE 4. ... Java 1.6 for 64-bit does not support javaws, and Java 1.7 IcedTea is still "preproduction" in Sun's definition and will not work with all Java that is out there. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Pfew! I am glad .NET exists... confessions of a MS immigrant.
    ... I used to be a die hard Linux ... When WinXP Professional came out using Windows became more fun but that is ... Java. ... it standalone (rather than within the IDE) then hell breaks lose. ...