Re: How to make a executable file, such as myprogram.exe, for java ?

From: Kristian Bisgaard Lassen (krell_at_daimi.au.dk)
Date: 10/02/03

Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 22:03:57 +0200

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:15:27 -0700, QQ June wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have some java classes. But, I don't want my users to type "java
> my_java_program" every time they run the java class ?
> How do I pack them together into one executable file, like
> myprogram.exe. ?
> Any tools can do this for me ??
>
> Thanks & regards,
> June

Hi June,

I have already seen one reply on this suggesting you to wrap the Java
program in a script containg the something like java my_java_program. If
it is native code (so you can run it on a machine without a Java VM, javac
will not help you) you
have to buy a special compiler for that if it is for
Windows (I have not seen any free ones for Windows yet). For Linux you
could use gcc with the option for Java code, but that is only for Linux
native code.

Best Regards
  Kristian