Iterative numerical optimizaiton routines?

From: Anthony Calabria (anthonycalabria_at_alum.rit.edu)
Date: 10/27/03

    Date: 26 Oct 2003 18:17:37 -0800

    Is anyone aware of iterative numerical optimzaiton routines in Java
    and/or Python? I'm looking for a routine similar to the fmincon in
    Matlab, powell in IDL, solver in Excel. There appears to be an
    unconstrained optimization routine in the book "A Numerical Library in
    Java for Scientists and Engineers" although I'd prefer a constrained
    routine. Any comments on the book would be helpful too since I'll
    probably buy it shortly.

    Thanks,
    Anthony

    • Re: pascal system
      ... but it enjoys excellent reuse*. ... A good example - a routine to sort arrays. ... Ada, Java, and C++ all provide a means to ...
      (comp.sys.apple2)
    • Iterative numerical optimizaiton routines?
      ... Is anyone aware of iterative numerical optimzaiton routines in Java ... I'm looking for a routine similar to the fmincon in ... Matlab, powell in IDL, solver in Excel. ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Iterative numerical optimizaiton routines?
      ... >Is anyone aware of iterative numerical optimzaiton routines in Java ... I'm looking for a routine similar to the fmincon in ... There is Aaron Watters LP and netflow optimisation on Python Starship ...
      (comp.lang.java)
    • Re: Signal on Syntax suppresses error message in called routine (ooRexx)
      ... An alternative routine would be dump2, which expects a collection object as its first argument. ... There are more utility routines and classes that may proof useful in "rgf_util2.rex". ... BSF4ooRexx (a bridget to Java, camouflaging all of Java as ooRexx, cf. ...
      (comp.lang.rexx)