JNDI Question Help Requested.

From: Lakshmi Jagarlapudi (jlnarayana_at_comcast.net)
Date: 12/07/03

    Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:48:18 GMT

    Hi ,

    I wrote the following program and compiled and I was getting the error
    pasted below. Can anyone throw some light as to why it is happening.
    Thanks in advance

    ----- START OF THE PROGRAM --------------------
    import javax.naming.Context;
    import javax.naming.InitialContext;
    import javax.naming.NamingException;
    import javax.naming.spi.*;
    import javax.naming.NoInitialContextException;
    import java.util.*;

    public class jlnjndi {
    public static void main(String args[]){
    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();

    env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFacto
    ry");

    System.out.println("up to here it is ok ");

    try{

    Context ctx = new InitialContext(env);

    System.out.println("up to here it is ok ");

    Object obj = ctx.lookup("/javaprac/packages.html");
    System.out.println(" is bound to: " + obj);

    } catch (NamingException e) {
        System.err.println("Problem looking up " + e);
    } // end of the catch stmt

    } // end of the main method

    } // end of the class
    ----- END OF THE PROGRAM --------------------

    ERROR MESSAGE
    Problem looking up javax.naming.NamingException: Couldn't connect to any
    host [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: vmcid: SUN minor
    code: 203 completed: No]