Re: session close in JSP

From: megha (megha_at_4cplus.com)
Date: 12/10/03

    Date: 10 Dec 2003 04:17:42 -0800

    Hi
    I tried to implement httpsessionlistener interface but it is not
    activating
    destroy method once the user closes the browser window though it is
    properly running the create method. I am using the following code and
    in destroy method it has to display only text but it is not. Please
    send some suggestion.

    public class SessionCounter implements HttpSessionListener {

            private static int activeSessions = 0;
                    static String url="jdbc:odbc:candico";

            /* Session Creation Event */
            public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se) {
                    activeSessions++;
                    System.out.println("activeSessions90"+activeSessions);
            }

            /* Session Invalidation Event */
            public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent se) {

            System.out.println("activeSessions");

            }

            public static int getActiveSessions() {
                    return activeSessions;
            }
    }

    Herman Timmermans <timmermansdot.hermanat@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<3fd5a37d$0$2857$ba620e4c@reader1.news.skynet.be>...
    > megha wrote:
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I am writing a program in JSP which requires user to log in and as he
    > > logs in database was updated with his status on and till the user does
    > > not sign out no other user with same login and password can enter in
    > > the system. as he signs out database was updated but the problem is if
    > > somehow he forgot to sign out and closed the browser or navigate to
    > > other page or site his information was still on in the database. I
    > > want a solution how to update a database when users forgot to signout
    > > but closed the window or browser.
    > > I am using Apache Tomcat ver 4.1.27 with Jsp and SQLServer7.0
    > >
    > > Thanks
    >
    > Hi, I already replied to this in your previous thread. Please do not post
    > the same question twice under a different heading.
    > > You should implement the HttpSessionListener interface. In case a session
    > is invalidated either by a pre-defined time-out or when the user closes his
    > browser, the sessionDestroyed method is called. Use this method to
    > clean-up whatever that needs to be done in your database when the user
    > forgets to do a proper logoff.
    > Brgds,
    > Herman
    > > Megha

    • Re: Tables - Cells - Preview Mode
      ... That is where a database driven web site comes into play, ... Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage) ... > peices when previewed anywhere....in the browser or in ... distributing cells around and ect. ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
    • Re: Replication problems
      ... An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. ... DHCP server event log for more information on this error. ... browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{99B638B5-2C0B. ... master browser is stopping or an election is being forced. ...
    • Re: FP/DOS 2.6 -> vfp9 report conversion
      ... resulting application will run in a standard browser ... I hope that's for single-user applications. ... access with that of the database system. ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: PMJ The REALLY final card list (nearly!)
      ... The url in each link includes a big lump of the database. ... I've had a look back through the server Logs & the File is being ... Maybe it's a Cache prob? ... Sometimes the Browser is getting the File Served up incorrectly. ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: HTML doc save dialog
      ... After getting the string from database do not set the string to ... > and end html tags. ... In the document complete event of browser, ...