Applet giving a result to html page

From: Rick (aso3rick_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/06/04

    Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:42:38 +0100

    Hi,

    In relation with my previous post, I thought of a plan B. If I can't connect
    to an url with an applet, is it possible to let something else doing the
    job? For example, I want to send "test" to IP "1.2.3.4". With an ordinary
    website, this won't be a problem. The applet is generated inside a normal
    website with some parameters and stuff, so, is it possible to let the applet
    give something back to it's parent page and let him send it?
      1. test.html
      2. test.html starts up applet
      3. applet does some stuff and generates a string
      4. applet is ' finished' (button click or something)
      5. test.html receives a string and send it
    Would that be possible?

    Greetings,
    Rick