Re: trouble with Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd) on Linux

From: Carl (moc.erawtfosdigir_at_treblig_tnomal)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 09:40:01 -0500

JW wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't seem to get any results from the following use
> of Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd) using Java 1.4 on
> Redhat linux.

why dont you grab the input stream from the runtime you are using and
print that to your console. that way you can see the OS response to
your failed command.

you can look at the source code on www.rigidsoftware.com, chessone
executes a program on the command line in linux. its been a while so I
dont remember how i did it, but its in the source code. probably unzip
the source and do a search on each file for the one containing the
getRuntime command...

CL

Relevant Pages

  • Re: pid_t data type
    ... different in source code. ... artificial differences between identically valued numbers coming from ... I really dont know. ... In order to get around the problem of the length of PIDs and integer types being largely implementation-defined, we invented things like size_t and pid_t. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Forms property using varables
    ... each command button opens the same form "form2" but displaying different ... i dont want to hard code P2602A, instead i want ti use a varable. ... when the command button is pressed on form1 it sets EquipmentTagString as ... Controls collection. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: [PHP] Please hack my app
    ... I dont mean to be a total pri*k about this, ... sorry to bother you. ... thanks a bunch for your time. ... didn't expect anyone to dive deeply into the source code of my project and ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: vim/ctags/c++ does not work as expected
    ... I am using vim 7.0 and Exuberant Ctags 5.4 on RedHat Linux. ... the root of my source tree and run this command, ...
    (comp.editors)
  • Call a hidden function, is it possible ?
    ... technique i can call that hidden fuction? ... binary,that we dont know his source code,is there any way to ... can maybe disable those protections from gcc but if i dont have the ... main(int argc, char *argv) ...
    (comp.lang.c)