Re: How to connect Jsp with Databases

From: Nathan Zumwalt (nathanz_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/08/04

Date: 8 Jan 2004 13:40:31 -0800

There are many JDBC tutorials online. This is Sun's:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/index.html

These two pages will get you up and running:
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/basics/connecting.html
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/basics/retrieving.html

The only twist with JSP is getting the JDBC driver into the classpath.
 I usually put the jar file in the /WEB-INF/libs directory.

-Nathan

kaiwing18@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<d82f3f5c.0401080443.32a01645@posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> My pc has installed Tomcat5.0.12 and j2sdk1.4.2_03. I want to develop
> jsp for my project. My question is that i want to access the database
> such as oracle 9i or mysqL which is not install in my PC.They come
> from web hosting company Should i need to install the jdbc driver in
> my local PC in order to get the connection.Could anyone tell me some
> basic steps that can use to find and set up the jdbc drivers.
>

> Thx !
>
> JSP Beginner

Relevant Pages

  • Problem with JSP and JDBC
    ... to get a simple JDBC JSP working. ... The JSP is called 'test.jsp'. ... Oracle ODBC driver to get to an Oracle database. ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: Class.forName() - 101
    ... JDBC is not an OOP Technology. ... JDBC allows not to use multi database vendors an versions ... JSP WorkFlow PageFlow Page Flow FlowControl Navigation: http://www.control-and-command.de ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Java Web
    ... I am having confusions over jsp and jdbc. ... The persistance layer is one layer. ... it's an architectural decision you have to make and some architects just build *stupid* buildings. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: moving from J2SE to the J2EE world? how?
    ... >here is a suggested learning order ... The mistake I think newbies make is trying to swallow Servlets, JSP ... and JDBC all in one bite. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • RE: slow connections with jdbc driver and no entry in hosts file
    ... slow connections with jdbc driver and no entry in hosts file ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver)