Re: static methods and race conditions

From: GIMME (gimme_this_gimme_that_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/12/04

Date: 12 Jan 2004 12:10:25 -0800

Thanks Tony and Silvio.

Just to be sure ...

class IsThisOK
{
static String go( String A )
   String a = A
   return a;
}

Can to processes assign little a in a race condition
and mess things up for one of the users?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Regular Expression taking excessive CPU
    ... > regular expression adding so much time to the process, ... > ftIndex is a string variable that typically won't exceed 100 characters. ... static string RemoveNonAlpha1 ...
  • Re: Regular Expression taking excessive CPU
    ... I agree about the regular expression, ... >> ftIndex is a string variable that typically won't exceed 100 characters. ... > static string RemoveNonAlpha1 ...
  • Re: static methods and race conditions
    ... > Thanks Tony and Silvio. ... > class IsThisOK ... > static String go ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: how to fill the string to length = 256
    ... > * Pads the string out to the given length by applying blanks on ... > * @param newLen ... > public final static String leftPad (String s, int newLen, boolean ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: [RFC] cleanup patches for strings
    ... > now found in the Kernel Janitors TODO): ... > The string form ... > a char pointer to the static string. ... > weeding out the false positives so that I'll be left with all the patches ...
    (Linux-Kernel)