Re: if ("test1".equals(strComparer) ) then

From: Neal Gafter (search-for-me-on-google_at_neal.gafter.com)
Date: 05/13/04

    Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 03:13:47 GMT

    perry wrote:
    > in java, string constants can be considered static given that the
    > objects of the String class are "immutable" as in, they cannot be
    > changed directly. to have mutable string buffers that you are more
    > familiar with in C++ you can use the StringBuffer class.

    Better yet, if you don't need the synchronization built into StringBuffer, use
    StringBuilder from JDK 1.5.

    • Re: Help me!! Why java is so popular
      ... String or StringBuffer? ... keep in mind I knew NOTHING about Java. ... The language accepted it, no warnings, and thus I ... in some native assemblers you can peruse the instruction ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: question about assigning null to a reference object
      ... String getAuthor() ... void setAuthor ... b.setTitle("Thinking in Java 4th Edition"); ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: Java questions: Urgent
      ... why I would expect almost any Java programmer to be able to answer ... Which is the main reason I "butted" in a bit.. ... on the characters in the String. ... > therefore naturally cover all the basics, or they have missed out badly ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • MD5 solved differently, in an openplatform manner ... (Re: Problems with a DLL in ooRexx 4.0.0 under
      ... Rather than going for a particular Rexx function package, you could do something else: ... advantage of Java that is probably installed on your machine. ... returned Java byte array into a hexadecimal string with the help of Rexx. ... rxfuncquery for name: rxwibble was: 1 ...
      (comp.lang.rexx)
    • Re: A C++ Whishlist
      ... with the C++ string classes as compared with the Java ones. ... You can keep you structs entirely ... The simple separation of interface and implementation that header files ...
      (comp.lang.cpp)