Re: if ("test1".equals(strComparer) ) then

From: Neal Gafter (search-for-me-on-google_at_neal.gafter.com)
Date: 05/13/04

    Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 03:13:47 GMT

    perry wrote:
    > in java, string constants can be considered static given that the
    > objects of the String class are "immutable" as in, they cannot be
    > changed directly. to have mutable string buffers that you are more
    > familiar with in C++ you can use the StringBuffer class.

    Better yet, if you don't need the synchronization built into StringBuffer, use
    StringBuilder from JDK 1.5.

    • Re: Help me!! Why java is so popular
      ... String or StringBuffer? ... keep in mind I knew NOTHING about Java. ... The language accepted it, no warnings, and thus I ... in some native assemblers you can peruse the instruction ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: question about assigning null to a reference object
      ... String getAuthor() ... void setAuthor ... b.setTitle("Thinking in Java 4th Edition"); ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)
    • Re: Java questions: Urgent
      ... why I would expect almost any Java programmer to be able to answer ... Which is the main reason I "butted" in a bit.. ... on the characters in the String. ... > therefore naturally cover all the basics, or they have missed out badly ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: A C++ Whishlist
      ... with the C++ string classes as compared with the Java ones. ... You can keep you structs entirely ... The simple separation of interface and implementation that header files ...
      (comp.lang.cpp)
    • Re: Using Cobol when writing CGIs for the OSU web server.
      ... string safe as well as make slow conversion (as bugs are found and ... The string type approach. ... Because no one has bothered to add it to the "offending" language. ... Java is certainly no replacement for C. ...
      (comp.os.vms)