Re: html in textarea

From: news.skynet.be (mart_at_nonstoploop.co.uk)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 13:42:41 +0200

An html textarea tag will not render html.. it will only show text, so your
html will not be rendered in the text area, it is not designed for that.

What you could do is a preview pane with a div tag and use javascript on the
client side to populate the div tag using the innerHTML property of a div.
This would then render the html. Or display the html in any other way... it
won't be rendered in a textarea, as far as I know.

hope this helps

cheers
Martin

--
---------------
http://www.nonstoploop.co.uk/ - dynamic websites
"megha" <megha@4cplus.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I am adding signature in textarea which is stored as text in database
> now if i add html tags to it and later retrieve it in textarea it
> shows all tags of html but not their function. How i can get proper
> signature with html function.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Can I Use HTML Text Writer i a Custom Control to Render the Section?
    ... Can I Use HTML Text Writer i a Custom Control to Render the ... NOTICE, I am also trying to render a meta tag, a link tag, and a ...
  • Re: Do all ASP buttons do submit?
    ... That's just HTML: ... > Why would one put runat=server on a tag that will become an HTML page tag? ... HtmlGenericControl on the server. ... It will render as, ...
  • Re: easy textbox question
    ... The tag u have put, I'm assuming is in some html page. ... where do u want to read the contents of textarea ... browser, when some event happens? ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: recordset fragility
    ... Only if they are surrounded with a tag, which I thought you said you ... space, not a carriage return. ... textarea is NOT the same as a in HTML. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general)
  •  super charged?
    ... Is there a tag that says, take all of the following text and render it ... Something like here tags in perl? ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)