Virus Scanner with Java API?

From: techtitch (cpreager_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/14/04

    Date: 14 Jul 2004 04:18:12 -0700

    I am building a J2EE (struts) Java webapp to be served on Linux RedHat
    Fedora and need to scan uploaded files for viruses (only 10-20 a day).

    I have emailed most of the major vendors and received little response.
    All that I have found has just a C or command line API, which is
    tricky for our Java routines to interface with.

    Does anyone know of a solution - either a peice of software that runs
    on Linux (pref. RedHat Fedora, but we could use a different server)
    with a Java API?

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend ways a Java app could interface
    with a command line or C API? The Java RunTime class could presumably
    be used, but I can't see how to get results returned.

    Surely this is a common problem...

    Thanks very much for any time spent reading or replying to this.