Virus Scanner with Java API?

From: techtitch (cpreager_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/14/04

    Date: 14 Jul 2004 04:18:12 -0700

    I am building a J2EE (struts) Java webapp to be served on Linux RedHat
    Fedora and need to scan uploaded files for viruses (only 10-20 a day).

    I have emailed most of the major vendors and received little response.
    All that I have found has just a C or command line API, which is
    tricky for our Java routines to interface with.

    Does anyone know of a solution - either a peice of software that runs
    on Linux (pref. RedHat Fedora, but we could use a different server)
    with a Java API?

    Alternatively, can anyone recommend ways a Java app could interface
    with a command line or C API? The Java RunTime class could presumably
    be used, but I can't see how to get results returned.

    Surely this is a common problem...

    Thanks very much for any time spent reading or replying to this.

    • Re: F8 and Staroffice8
      ... X and Java guys work out their own differences. ... Fedora includes IcedTea which is to all intents and purposes the Sun JRE ... software vendors to make their packages work with the latest Fedora. ... In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: F8 and Staroffice8
      ... If I have an application from outside Fedora on which I rely then before upgrading I'd check that it was going to work on the new version. ... In the second case you really can't expect Fedora to hold back on the latest version of something to maintain compatibility with out of distribution software. ... The good thing about this approach by Fedora is that the volume of Fedora users are usually pretty good at applying pressure to commercial software vendors to make their packages work with the latest Fedora. ... The X and Java guys have sorted out their differencs for the version of Java which is distributed with Fedora, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Java problem
      ... Political reasons. ... Java exists on a web page somewhere and it is ... happening is a Political fix where someone is using the Nvidia software ... Does "openSUSE 10.3" do what you want and need from Linux that Fedora ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Java problem
      ... You may install the Sun ... Fedora does only care about software, which is part of its distribution. ... about Sun java integration and customers have to pay for it. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: yum: How to downgrade openoffice 2.3 to 2.2.1?
      ... many folks try to use the java tools fedora supplies vs folks that dl and ... Fedora licensing guidelines does not allow software with non-free or ... It isn't "perfectly legal" to use patent infringing software if ...
      (Fedora)