Newbie Question: Password protect a webpage

From: Paige Miller (pmiller5NOSPAM_at_rochester.rr.com)
Date: 10/23/04

Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:21:48 GMT

I'm trying to come up with a very low-security password protected
web-page. I have found some short java code on the internet at
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/password.htm that will do what
I want, if only I could figure out one little thing.

On the gateway page, you place a javascript which asks for the password,
and then only if the proper password is provided do you allow access to
the next page. Great. Exactly what I want.

What I can't figure out is this: let's say the password protected page
is named http://somewhere.com/abraham.html. How do I stop people from
noticing that name, after the first time they correctly supply the
password, from going directly to that page (bypassing the need to supply
the password). If someone makes this page a Favorite, it appears they
can go directly to this page, not what I want. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

--
Paige Miller
pmiller5@rochester.rr.com