Beginner

From: Fred Blair (fblair6_at_ev1.net)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:52:05 GMT

What suggestions are there for a new Java programmer. I plan on small
PC applications, nothing with networks or huge databases.

I have used Visual FoxPro and some concepts of OOP.

Fred

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Beginner
    ... nothing with networks or huge databases. ... > I have used Visual FoxPro and some concepts of OOP. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Beginner
    ... > What suggestions are there for a new Java programmer. ... > PC applications, nothing with networks or huge databases. ...
    (comp.lang.java)
  • Re: Business objects, subset of collection
    ... Non-CRUD/USER applications are not the sort of thing one tucks into eMails.] ... SQL databases sucks for searching large data sets, ... In CRUD/USER processing that is largely irrelevant because data is accessed once by each solution and seek time dominates the access performance issues in those situations. ... Lets say you want to find all unpaid invoices. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: Merging 2 "almost" identical databases.
    ... identical databases used by 2 almost identical applications into one ... client so they can easily merge the two databases. ... Debugging, testing, complex, report/logging not so fancy/clear, ... application only or also to the schemas? ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)