Re: Java -Xmx Option

Lans Redmond wrote:
My client has a server which has 4gigs RAM and Im running my server using
the java -Xmx option.  When I set the Xmx to a number greater that 1236m on
a windows 2003 box I get an error from the jvm that its unable to allocape
heap size, if I do the same on a windows 2000 box I can only set Xmx to
1536m.  Is there a maxmimun memory setting for the JVW XMx option?  I not
how can I increase the memory to 2.5gig

Yes, there is a practical limit due to the combination of the Windows and JVM architectures. The limit can vary by machine (it involves the addressing of the DLLs installed on the machine).

HTH,
Ray

--
XML is the programmer's duct tape.