Re: ASCII character 13

Richard Sweeny <richsweeny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I will be supplied a file of names delimited by the ASCII character 13.

Sounds like an old-school mac textfile.

How do I refer or set this in java.

Generally, you don't. Throw a BufferedReader at that puppy, and readLine() to
your heart's content!

I figure I can read the file in an
use a StringTokenizer to go through the file to pull the names but how
do I refer to ASCII character 13 as the delimiter.

The javadoc for java.io.BufferedReader.readLine says:
A line is considered to be terminated by any one of a line feed ('\n'), a
carriage return ('\r'), or a carriage return followed immediately by a
linefeed.

This means it'll do the right thing with textfiles from unix, mac, or dos.
--
Mark Rafn dagon@xxxxxxxxx <http://www.dagon.net/>
.